Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] acuthin AutoUpdate 7.2-8.1 fails, crash

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 28 January 2010]

Hi, i'm trying to get auto update to work, i want to update from 7.2.0 to 8.1.0.. when i press ok to update it downloads the file but when it is going to execute the downloaded file the autoupdater crashes...

i'm running a linux server and the clients i have tried with is Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000.. all the same error.. can someone post an example of an autoupdate configuration... ??

Best Regards:

Christian Thorup
Paarup Hansen ApS
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] acuthin AutoUpdate 7.2-8.1 fails, crash

Sorry Christian,

This is a known issue with auto-update in 8.1.0 and 8.1.1. The installation causes a memory access violation. The only resolution is to manually install AcuThin on the client PCs.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is it something that is going to be fixed in the furture.. maybe version 8.1.2?

When it crash the problem is Acuthin.dll and acuthin.exe in the error prompt...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, sorry I neglected to include that information. The issue is fixed in 8.1.2, which is now available.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.