Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] "Silently" print a PDF?

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 18 March 2010]

Hi all,

I have a need to "silently" print a PDF. I've tried creating an invisible browser control, loading the PDF, and using:

MODIFY MY-BROWSER, PRINT-NO-PROMPT = 1

but that still pops up a dialog (presumably because it's a PDF).

Am I going to have to start delving around in the Adobe Active-X control? If so, has anyone already done that?

Cheers

Nigel
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] "Silently" print a PDF?

Are you printing an already existing PDF file? I use a command line utility PDFP.EXE to print existing files.

i.e.

CALL "C$SYSTEM" USING "PDFP TESTFILE.PDF" 32.

It prints to the default printer. It actually calls adobe routines and as such you must have at least the adobe free reader installed. If you're printing multiple forms you will need to pause a couple of seconds between calls.

There are other ways, but this is simple and straight forward. I have used the active-x control and it would work too.

Just search for pdfp.exe on the web if you're interested.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Darrell,

That works very well, thanks!

Nigel
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Wow! Cool - thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.