Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] any altertanative to c$setvariant

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 06 October 2006]

Any alternative method in acu to create a variant rather than c$setvariant? I need to supply an variant array to a COM object, for which c$setvariant does not work with thin client. Please help me.

Thanks,
Vara Prasad.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] any altertanative to c$setvariant

You can always fill the VARIANT structure yourself, but that is going to take some work.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. Can you please provide me some code sample or any link to the documentation, so that I can experiment a bit with the concept. Thanks in advance.

regards,
Vara Prasad,Vanima.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here is a link to a reference on the VARIANT structure:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms221627.aspx
That is all I have.
Apart of that, there is support for C$SETVARIANT for Thin Client in upcoming version 8, so if you can wait a bit. You are probably better off with that.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.