Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] c$opensavebox problem

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 04 April 2008]

Hello to all,

With new version 8, im having an issue with the library c$opensavebox, the dialog opens correctly, but when is closed, a runtime error occurs. This is the code:

call "c$opensavebox" using OPENSAVE-SUPPORTED
giving Opensave-Status
end-call.
cancel "c$opensavebox".

if Opensave-Status not = 1
move "Su sistema operativo no soporta este tipo de cuadros
- " de di?logo" to tabla-mensaje(1)
move 1 to valor
perform mensaje
go exit
end-if.

initialize opensave-data.
move spaces to OPNSAV-FILENAME.
move 0 to OPNSAV-FLAGS.
move zeroes to OPNSAV-DEFAULT-EXT.
move "Nombre de archivo..." to OPNSAV-TITLE.
move "Todos los Archivos (*.*)|*.*|" to OPNSAV-FILTERS.
move 1 to OPNSAV-DEFAULT-FILTER.
move spaces to OPNSAV-DEFAULT-DIR.
move spaces to OPNSAV-BASENAME.

call "c$opensavebox" using OPENSAVE-OPEN-BOX Opensave-Data
giving Opensave-Status
end-call.
cancel "c$opensavebox".

It's a little weird that this error doesn't happen when i run the program in debug :confused:. I check the compiler options... but the only diference are the debug lines. Maybe some configuration archive problem?

release : -o .\objectwin\@.acu -v -Wa -x -Di -Vc -Vx -Za -Zi -Zy -Td 16384
debug: -o .\debug\@.acu -v -Wa -x -Sd -Di -Vc -Vx -Ga -Za -Zi -Zy -Td 16384

Any ideas?

Thanks afterwards
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] c$opensavebox problem

When programs are run in debug mode, they tend to be a bit more relaxed on memory issues. This is clearly a memory issue, I suggest you report this to technical support.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I report it, but they say me that in their system don't happens, and I repeat, in 7.2 works, but in extend 8 not, something had change.

Anyone have the problem too?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes I to have had the same issue and it is still open with support, it works fine in 7.2 but craps out in 8.0 and 8.0.1

I have even run their little test program which works fine, but when I run it from within the application it craps out as well.

The only thing I can put it down to is something to do with one of the following:

1. a DLL used in the application is getting in the way when opensavbox is used
2. a thread is getting in the way when it happens

As my main application program has 4 threads running and calls various functions in user32.dll and kernel32.dll within these threads.

So I am still waiting on what has changed from 7.2 to 8.0.1 that may have changed, so far I get 'its a Microsoft Issue' because the failing dll is msvcr80.dll

Thats all at the moment

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We're using C$OPENSAVEBOX in our application.
It's also using threads, but is not making kernel32 or user32 calls though.

We haven't experienced any issues with this on V8.0

Shaun
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Guys, if you have issues with the open save box and also use external resources like Windows API DLLs, can you, for testing, try to remove the DLL calls (generate static values or something) to see if this has any impact?
If it makes a difference, then let us have a look at your DLL calls.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello to all,

Acucorp support gives me this compiled program to test.

I exectute this program without any special option, simply "C:\Acucorp\Acucbl800\AcuGT\bin\wrun32.exe c:\program1.acu" but still having the system error when the opensavebox is closed.

If i don't compile the .acu, only execute it with my runtime v8.0, why it crash when the support team said me they didn't have any problem? Can anyone test that acu and say me if it crash?

Thanks afterwards

P.D: I answered them but they have no idea why it happens
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello to all,

I think i found where the problem is. Testing in several systems i see that in my link to execute the test program i upload in the last post, in propierties of that link "starts in:" have a lan directory, i mean "\\server\" and with such a directory, the opensavebox crash (in a windows XP and a windows 2000). I changed it to a mapped unit like F: or a local c: and it don't crash anymore. This must be a problem with lan directories in the opensavebox, because with v 7.0 thinks work correctly. I'll report it, but, someone can test it too?

Thanks afterwards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok, this is a bug, it will be fixed in 8.0.2. SupportLine confirm it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is a bug and they have at least two patches to fix it. These are patches to 8.0.1 runtime. They are Patches 8.0.1.974 and 8.0.1.993. Both fix the C$OPENSAVEBOX issue, but 8.0.1.993 causes a focus issue in that if you open something else on you desktop, then return to your cobol app, the focus is lost. The 8.0.1.974 fixed both issues.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.