Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] c$socket/e-mail

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 05 June 2007]

Hi All,

Been trying to get a program going that sends e-mail. I downloaded the sample program that uses c$socket calls to accomplish this. I can get it to work but only if the e-mail recipient is using the same smtp server as the one sending it. If I try using an e-mail address, say to yahoo.com, I get the following error message:

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

I did a little research on this and found that it has something to do with "authenticating" the sending address...I think.

Anybody run across this one before?

Thanks,

Ted
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] c$socket/e-mail

Why don't you just interface with outlook, its much easier.

Shaun
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yahoo, along with other email providers such as MSN, do reverse dns lookups on incoming mail. If the lookups fail or are blacklisted, the email will not be received. This will happen if the email is not coming from a credible source. A "bad" source could be an ip address only (could be spoofed) or some spam house.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun - Will the Outlook interface you refer to also work for Outlook Express?
Thank you for any info you can provide.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.