Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] cgi to php

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 08 June 2006]

I am using AcuCobol for the cgi of my web site. It works fine when I go to a html page, but when I try to open the a php page, the php script does not run.

Any suggestions?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] cgi to php

You may want to check your permission as I believe PHP needs "777" type of permissions versus what is needed to run the CGI script (COBOL program).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Php works on my system, just not when I come out of AcuCobol. I did change permissions. no luck. I know it has to ba a header but what?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you played with the runtime configuration variable CGI_AUTO_HEADER?

Set the runtime configuration variable CGI_AUTO_HEADER to "0" (off, false, no) if you want to suppress the output of the HTML header. This can be useful when you want to execute a CGI program and include its output into an existing flow of HTML text. For example, with server-side includes (SSI), you can instruct the Web server to execute a subprogram in the manner of CGI and incorporate its output right into the HTML document before sending it to the requesting client. SSIs are commands in an HTML document that are interpreted by the Web server. They are used when you want to include the contents of another file in the current HTML document or to execute a script whose output will be included in the current HTML document before being sent to the browser client. Refer to any HTML documentation for information on using SSIs.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yes I tried that. Apache didn't like it all. Do you still do the display using html?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I believe since the headers are being suppressed that you buildyour own headers. I have not played very much with php, my responses were from some web hits and also seeing that PHP is similar to SSI. You may need to contact Acucorp Technical Support for assistance.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.