Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] continuous time display

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 28 September 2005]

Does anyone know if there is a way to continuously display the time on a screen.

I have a data input screen that has a date-entry field with a display format of time. The time is updated when the screen is refreshed but I'd like it to update and display the time continously - like it does on my Windows screen.

I'm using the Inquire function to get the time from the system. But I allow the user to update it manually when necessary.

I'm using Thin Client to connect Windows PCs running XP to an HP/UX box.

Thanks in advance,
JC
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] continuous time display

Spawn off a separate thread, that is idle for the most of the time but at certain intervalls updates an on screen clock.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Gisle - I just saw you at the User's Conference barely an hour ago.....don't you ever rest?

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try your suggestion.

BTW - The Conference was terrific....!

John Cusumano
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

🙂
Thank you for participating the conference, I am pleased that you liked it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.