Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Former Member Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] converting alphanumerical fields to floating-point number

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 01 March 2006]

hi,

I'm having a problem with a pretty old application. It is written in HPCOBOL and I'm trying to convert it to acu.
The application uses a central program to show the UI, so all Information, which is in Entry-Fields or labels, is passed using one huge variable, which is defined alphanumerical.

Now when I declare my Entry-Fields to use those alphanumerical variables and set the format picture to let's say Z9,9, the runtime deforms the variable.

Is there any way to go that way and still use a format picture, as that is needed to validate the entered data?

Thanks for any info

Best regards
Dennis K?rner

Example:
There is a file attached which shows the problem I have. All, in my eyes, interesting parts of the source are marked by the comment *BB
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.