Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] copy test to windows clipboard

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 05 December 2007]

I used a very old demo application I found on the Acu Support website that includes clipacu.dll to copy text to the clipboad. I 'appeared' perfect however after I copy data to the clipboard using this dll I seem to get a bunch of other 'junk' attached at the end of my data... I wonder if anyone else is using this dll to copy data to the clipboard and if so, is it working for you? Maybe I'm using it incorrectly...

77 WS-DATA-TO-COPY       PIC X(512)  VALUE IS SPACES.
MOVE "data to copy to clipboard." TO WS-DATA-TO-COPY.
CALL   "CLIPACU.DLL".
CALL   "CLRCLIP".
CALL   "CPYTOCLIP" USING BY REFERENCE WS-DATA-TO-COPY
                     BY VALUE 512.
CANCEL "CLIPACU.DLL".

Some of the data that gets appended to the end of my data seems like windows information, strange...

2007120408214900 8:21 AM : : 12/04/2007 Windows YNYYYYY025080NNY
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] copy test to windows clipboard

Never Mind, I figured out I need to String in LOW-VALUES after my text and that solved the problem...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.