Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] crystal

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 13 February 2003]

I am trying to make work some code i download from here

create @Application of @CRAXDRT handle is hx-crapp.

modify hx-crapp @OpenReport (ws-fileid)
returning hx-crreport.
MODIFY hx-crreport @PrintOut = "0".
destroy hx-crreport.
destroy hx-crapp.

the line modify hx-xrreport @PrintOut(0)
does not work i have a message invalid type
i try that with craxddrt
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] crystal

This is due to a Crystal report problem. The parameter type exported into the .def file is erronously set to TYPE 12, while it according to Crystal Reports help desk is supposed to be TYPE 11.
Look in the .def file you have created for this:

* PrintOut
* Prints the report to printer.
METHOD, 185, @PrintOut,
"VARIANT" @promptUser, TYPE 12,
"VARIANT" @numberOfCopy, TYPE 12,
"VARIANT" @collated, TYPE 12,
"VARIANT" @startPageN, TYPE 12,
"VARIANT" @stopPageN, TYPE 12
OPTIONAL 5

Change this line:

"VARIANT" @promptUser, TYPE 12
to:
"boolean" @promptUser, TYPE 11

compile and you should be fine. Note that this bug also is present for other of the methods in this library. Hence, if you run into the same issue again, chances are, it is the same, at least if the method parameter appear to be a yes or no parameter like in this case.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.