Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] enter key in thin client enviornment

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 21 February 2006]

When we run our GUI program in ACUBench we are able to press enter to go from one field to another. When we run it from a remote machine using the Thin client the enter key does not move to the next field. We have to hit tab to move.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] enter key in thin client enviornment

use a configuration variable KEYSTROKE

keystroke edit=next terminate=13 ^M
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the help.

I have put that command in my configuration file that I am calling in when executing thin client from acubench and it works great but when I use just the thin client the enter key does not work. My command file for runnint in Thin Client is:

C:\Acucorp\Acucbl700Client\AcuGT\bin\acuthin.exe 192.168.99.233:5632 -d -c /u/total1/etc/CBLCONFI login-g

I have verified the name of the config file is correct and the same name being used in ACUBench.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In the AcuBench project that works, are there any setting in the project environment tab that are not in CBLCONFI?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The only env. var. being set are local paths nothing to do with keystroke. I do have Keystroke setup in the config file that I have under Runtime-> Thin Client options. This is the same file I am using with my acuthin.exe.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You might want to start the Thin client session with a trace just to be sure that the config file is being used. On the client acuthin.exe -le C:\path\myerr 192.168.99.233:5632 -d -c

Once you have run this, open myerr and see if your configuration variables are present.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ran trace recieved unknown error on config file. Will have to look at the file to see what is going on.

Thnaks for you help
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'd check permissions and also make the file name lowercase.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.