Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] java calling cobol on Linux

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 07 October 2009]

Anyone have a solution?

My "java calling a cobol program" works 100% on Windows O/S, but on Linux O/S, I cannot get it to work.

The error I use to get in windows was sorted out when I added the wrun32.dll folder to the windows path (\acu\acugt720\lib), on Linux I did the same (/u/runacu/lib - for the libruncbl.a), but I still get the following error when I run the java program: (on ver7 & ver8 Acu Cobol Runtime)

Initializing logging.
CVM: begin load
CVM: load library wrun32 or runcbl failed.
CVM: Exception caught loading CVM: no runcbl in java.library.path
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no runcbl in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at com.acucorp.acucobolgt.CVM.(Unknown Source)
at com.acucorp.acucobolgt.CVM.GET_INSTANCE(Unknown Source)

what am I doing wrong??

Regards pietervdw
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] java calling cobol on Linux

To use Java calling COBOL on Linux & Unix machines you have to have a shared object version of the runtime where there is a libruncbl.so instead of a libruncbl.a
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What must I do to get this to work with libruncl.a i.s.o librunclb.so, as none of my Acucorp installation disks consist of "shared object library".

What is the difference between using "shared object library" and a "static linked library" on Linux, surely the cvm.jar loaded with installed runtime should be able to detect the difference between the two (libruncbl.a and libruncbl.so) and use the one packaged with the runtime??
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You would have to contact your sales person and have them order it for you.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.