Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] loading a PDF viewer

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 27 April 2006]

How do I get a .PDF file loaded into the preferred PDF Viewer installed on a PC? It could be Acrobat, eXPert or many others - is there a simple way of getting Windows to do this for me?

Keith
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] loading a PDF viewer

We use a simple C$SYSTEM call to do this. If you just use the filename with full path, it will open it in whatever application is associated with the extension .pdf.

Rob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rob, aren't you also using the browser control to display a pdf in an acucobol form? Thought I saw this in your new revision.

BTW, for a faster free PDF viewer try Foxit Reader. Loads up much faster than Adobe Acrobat Reader.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dan

I will try the reader you mention - thanks for the tip.

I must admit I don't u8nderstand your other comments to Rob re: browser and acucobol form - am I being thick as usual?

Regards
Keith
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.