Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] msg-goto-cell-drag on TC

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 20 April 2007]

Hello everyone,
has someone an idea to workaround the loss :mad: of msg-goto-cell-drag event in a Thin Client environment (use of drag-color is too poor and too limited form my dues)?
Thanks In Advance, Giovanni
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] msg-goto-cell-drag on TC

Hello everyone,
has someone an idea to workaround the loss :mad: of msg-goto-cell-drag event in a Thin Client environment (use of drag-color is too poor and too limited form my dues)?
Thanks In Advance, Giovanni

Hi,

We implemented this.
Sort of works, but users being users found a way around it.
Basically if a begin-entry happens during the drag it doesn't work.
Apart from that its great.

Shaun

SCREEN1A-GD-1-EV-MSG-BEGIN-DRAG.
INQUIRE SCREEN1-GD-1, CURSOR-X WS-X, CURSOR-Y WS-Y

SCREEN1A-GD-1-EV-MSG-END-DRAG.
MODIFY SCREEN1-GD-1, CURSOR-X WS-X, CURSOR-Y WS-Y
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shaun,
I've to use mouse drag movement to implement a selection way.
I already use to catch MSG-BEGIN-DRAG and MSG-END-DRAG events, but that's to poor for my dues as I wrote, this 'cos:
1) I used the goto-cell-drag to get the drag direction so to know how user moves on the grid and catch the selection way by the directin movement, but I can workaround this putting on the screen a radio button to make the suser esplicitly choose it
2) During dragging I used to show selection "on the fly" and count and validate selection but if TC generates NO events during mouse-cell dragging I've to wait user release left mouse button to catch -END-DRAG event to make all those considerations in one batch work.
3) I can't use drag-color to show zone-selection 'cos it works only on "box" mode (like excel for example) but I've to be able to work in "contiguous" mode (ad word text selection).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Very old topic I know.

However, it appears a new feature has been added to V8.0.
"No Cell Drag"

Works a treat.

Shaun
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shaun,
yeah I noticed it in the enhancement list. But now many our customers are still below 8.0 release, so I'd have to wait to introduce it.
Thanks for the advice, and have a nice day,
Bye Giovanni
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.