Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Former Member Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] netdefgen & .NET 3.5

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 16 November 2009]

I have created a C# assembly in order to test the reception of events from Cobol program. I have created the Cobol program with the "create" for assembly. I have created the DLL to receipt events with "NETDEFGEN" and "ILAMS.EXE" that I have found in the C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 folder.

If the .NET assembly is compiled in .NET 3.5 version, my cobol program don't receipt events, the "event-type" always return 538976288 code. If the .NET assembly is compiled in .NET 2.0 version, my cobol program work correctly.
This means that I must compile my assembly with .NET 2.0? Or exist a version of "ILAMS.EXE" for .NET 3.5?

In the 8.0 Acucobol-GT manual I have found: "To execute NETDEFGEN, the samples, ?AcuToNet.dll?, and other items, you must have Microsoft .NET Development Framework Version 2.0. However, with NETDEFGEN, you can process Version 1.1 and 2.0 assemblies"... Exists a NETDEFGEN for 3.5 assemblies?

Thanks to all
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.