Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] numeric data in Excel

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 14 November 2005]

I try to read an Excel file and I face a problem with some cells which contain numbers.

Particularly, a cell contains the number 4304403 and I get it in an alphanumeric variable.

77 CELL-VALUE pic x(50) value spaces.

INQUIRE EXCEL-WORKSHEET @Range0("D14")::Value IN CELL-VALUE

CELL-VALUE = 4,304403000000000E6

The sheet?s format is 'General' and I change it to 'Text'. I also disable the Background Error Checking. I notice that if I enter to the cell and leave without making any changes, then the variable gets the right value
CELL-VALUE = 4304403

Can someone please provide some code which:

- Change the cell?s or whole sheet?s format to 'Text'.

- Get the cell?s value always as alphanumeric

- Return the last row of a sheet witch contains data.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] numeric data in Excel

080309     INQUIRE EX-WORKSHEET @Range("A65536")::End(xlUp)::Row
080309     IN LastRowColA.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.