Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] printing one field bold on a report line

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 05 February 2004]

I am printing a report with a 132 byte print line. There is a lot of information on the report and the user would like one field to print in bold.

I've seen an example where the whole line was printed in bold by using begin-bold value H"1B5B316D" and end-bold value H"1B5B306D" in the print statments. I don't want to bold the whole line.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to accomplish bolding only one field would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] printing one field bold on a report line

You don't say what platform youy're printing on, if you are on a non windows or using SPOOLER-DIRECT, you can do this:

WRITE prrec FROM "This is normal" WITH NO CONTROL.
WRITE prrec FROM yourescapesequencetoturnonbold WITH NO CONTROL.
WRITE prref FROM "This would be bold" WITH NO CONTROL.
WRITE prrec FROM yourescapesequencetoturnoffbold WITH NO CONTROL.
WRITE prrec FROM "Back to normal again".

With Windows SPOOLER there are two methods to accomplish this:

Either use the WINPRINT-SET-DATA-COLUMNS and related functions. See sample directory, graphprn.cbl for an example.

Or if you can use a mix of WITH NO CONTROL and WINPRINT-SET-CURSOR and WINPRINT-SET-FONT.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the info. I am using windows spooler. We are on version 4.3.1 of AcuCobol, and I don't find the two items you reference in our manual. Were these added in version 5 or 6?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WINPRINT-SET-CURSOR is fairly new, but I believe the others to be a part of 4.3.1 too, you may check your winprint.def file. Note however, the graphprn.cbl sample program came with version 5.2.0.

I'd rather check out the most recent release, 6.1.0 which has all the enhancements that has been throughout the last years, there has been a few.

I suggest you check out with your Acucorp representative to get the full details.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.