Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] process and minimize

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 21 June 2005]

I find this problem:

When i run a process inside a program, a loop like the example, and then minimize the program, if i maximize again the program it seems like is hanged or the window turns blank until the process ends.

There is a way to resolve this?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] process and minimize

You should add a display inside your loop.
sometimes you also need a dummy-accept like this:

accept adummy off line 1 col 0 time 0,1

if each single round in your loop is very fast, you should maybe use a counter and do the display/accept only each 10th time you pass the loop.

simply try and adjust how often you need the display/accept .;)

hope this will fix your problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

we had also the same problem. We solved it to show an extra window in a thread during the process...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks sliver, it works fine 😄
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Another method which we use is to say every 10 records do an "ACCEPT WS-INPUT-STATUS FROM INPUT STATUS" which causes the windows events to be processed. It's good for counters which update a label on the screen whislt doing loads of IO.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.