Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] relinking

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 21 September 2009]

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to relink 8.1.1 W32 runtime with a new filesystem, I Use VS2008 Standard to buind but I get fatal error LNK1104, cannot open file "mfc80d.lib".
I read on MSDN that VS2008 delivers mfc90*, it seemes unreliable to me if I've to downgrade to VS2005 to build...
Any suggestion?
One more, has anyone experienced EXTFH option, what about performances?
Thanks In Advance, Gio
0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] relinking

mfc80d.lib - the d refers to a debug dll, 8.1.1 should only contain released Microsoft dlls. What are you trying to do with EXT FH?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mfc80d.lib - the d refers to a debug dll, 8.1.1 should only contain released Microsoft dlls. What are you trying to do with EXT FH?

hi,
1) I know mfc80d is a debug version, but if you try to relink 8.1.1 projects seems to search for it (maybe MF Dev would be in a hurry when they packed for distribution, I don't know why it uses it, I only know it needs it if I try to relink).
2) on interop manual I saw EXTFH is an alternative way to access another filesystem, so I'm trying to understand if it can suite my needs to acces another FS without relinking (at the end if you look at relinking steps, you'll find that EXTFH is what you've to do to relink and it's already done)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In Visual Studio, do you have the Release as your build type or debug as the build type?

EXTFH was mostly written as a way for SORT to use external sort routines (Syncsort and CoSort), it would best to contact Customer Care to discuss what you are doing and if it can be done.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,
1) ok I changed config to release build but now it needs mfc80.lib...
2) thanks 4 quick shakedown on EXTFH, I noticed on manual it's suggested for batch programs, it's not my case.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you download the Microsoft VC redistributeables, you may find the dlls you need.

I would not persue using EXTFH without talking with Customer Care, you can use different file handlers with Acu but I do not think EXTFH is the preferred or "completely" supported route.

Cheers!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, downloaded, installed VS2005 redist, but they carry .dll not .lib, any other idea?
EXTFH if fired, but do You've experienced it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have seen EXTFH used when using other sort executab;es (Syncsort, CoSort). I do not believe EXTFH was written to do all COBOL I-O verbs, that is why you need to use a different method for file handling, a method that does not use EXTFH.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

One note here: When you relink, you need the .lib versions of the .dlls. Hence, you need mfc80.lib, not mfc80.dll.

So, downloading the redistribution package will do no good. Besides, mfc80 is with Visual Studio 2008, not 2005.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Gisle, glad to hear you,
but mfc80 is with VS2005, my VS2008 has only mfc90.
I installed VS2005 and in fact would be able to compile but something is going wrong (but no errors after build) 'cos wrun32 -vv gives no output and wrun32 does not start
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ah, ok, my bad, I stand corrected. VS 2005 is indeed mfc80 :-).

There are many things that can go wrong, I would need to see what you do and the output, try posting the commmand lines and their results.

Or even better, you could call Tech support.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you use the wrun32.sln Visual Studio solution file that comes with Acu. Rebuild without any changes and see if that wrun32.exe works, then see if you can link in your routines.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.