Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] schema for XML documents through internet

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 11 April 2008]

I am in the beginning of the project involved establishing XML interface with our ACUCOBOL-GT application for processing XML documents we will receive in particular standard.

We have samples of XML data files at

http://www.nemsis.org/softwareDevelopers/downloads/testCasesXMLSamples.html

and set of XSD that I download to my machine.

http://www.nemsis.org/softwareDevelopers/downloads/emsDataset.html

My first goal is to create correct FD/SL using xml2fd.

A Guide to Interoperating with ACUCOBOL-GT says that “You may need to locate the schema file on the Internet, download it onto your local development machine, and then point to it before you run the XML file through the utility.”

How to change schema references (Default NameSpace, NameSpace) in the XML file:

http://www.nemsis.org/media/XML/Full_XML_EmsDataSet_Sample_v2.2.1.xml

to have it correct? For example if I download XSD folder to C:\NEMSIS3\NEMSIS_XFDs_v2.2.1 on my computer.

Complex type element that contains other elements is:

C:\NEMSIS3\NEMSIS_XFDs_v2.2.1\EMSDataSet.xsd

Are any changes that have to be done to downloaded XSD files?

Thanks,
Vitaly
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] schema for XML documents through internet

Have you tried the utility keeping the schema the way it is (out on an internet) site?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I took the schema and copied it to a text file on disk. You have to change the XML to reference the schema and I also changed the schema so thit looked locally as well.

xml - xsi:schemaLocation="C:\mydir\ems.xsd"> where ems.xsd is the schema I created (copied) from the original.

xsd -

The output of which was not all that helpful.

01 EMSDemographicDataSet.
03 D01 .
03 D02 .
03 D03 .
03 D04 .
03 D05 occurs 999 times
03 D06 occurs 999 times
03 D07_D08 occurs 999 times.
05 D07 .
05 D08 .
03 D09 occurs 999 times
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When I tried to use the schema over internet I've getting ...URL not found type of message.
When I copy all XSDs into my folder and refer XML sample file (from this site) to main XSD: EMSDataSet.xsd and run xml2fd it doesn't pick up children elements XSDs like E01_RecordInformation.xsd, ect. The same as you tryed.
Data samples that we've got from our users didn't include all fields of this schema. Using such files for xml2fd is not way to go.
I need FD/SL build according the schema with every possible field by xlm2fd to use with AcuXML interface for processing incomming data files. 😞
Thanks you!
Vitaly
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.