Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] secure entry field

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 06 September 2005]

I am using AcuBench to design a screen I have a entry field on it coded as secure so they can enter a password.
Is there any way that if a certain user is logged on they can see what is in that password field. I have tried to do a modify fieldname secure is false. That doesn't work. Can't seem to hit the right option.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] secure entry field

Currently, the SECURE property of an entry field can not be toggled so as to make it SECURE or as normal entry field. You can do a before procedure that would evaluate the security level of the person logging in and display the appropriate entry field (one that is secure or one that is normal) or you might find an ActiveX control that allows you to toggle between SECURE and normal.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] secure entry field

Thanks I just thought I should be able to do the toggle. Hopefully in the next release we can.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.