Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] soap

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 10 December 2008]

The way that I know of is to have Java handle the SOAP message and then have Java call the runtime.

A Guide to Interoperating with ACUCOBOL-GT Chapter 2: Working with Java Technology

2.2 Calling COBOL from Java
With ACUCOBOL-GT?, there are many ways to achieve interoperability with Java. If you want to call COBOL from a Java application, you can:

Use the Java native interface, "CVM.jar", to interact with the COBOL program at the API level. "CVM.jar" contains a singleton class, CVM, that encapsulates the ACUCOBOL-GT runtime. With the CVM, the Java programmer can programmatically instantiate an instance of the ACUCOBOL-GT runtime and invoke a COBOL program. The programmer can use other classes or methods of CVM to specify runtime options and program options.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] soap

Issues I want to access a soap web services
I don't see any where under acucorp that this can be
done.
is it possible and if so how
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.