Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] trying to sendmassage to acucobol with vb 2008

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 20 December 2007]

I have been trying to use sendmessage to send key strokes to our thin client I've only been able to change the hwnd of the parent and child windows. I have tried to find the hwnd of the textbox (I know nothing about acucobol so forgive me if my terms are incorrect) but I can only find the hwnd of the parent window and child window. I am a production worker trying to combine several step into one with vb. The IT dept wouldn't approve of me trying this so I haven't gone to them for help. My luck they probably check this forum regularly and guess that its me. I can't tell you a lot about thin client, I don't know if all thin clients are the same or not, but ours is just a "copy" of our old DG system, you enter a number at the flashing cursor and hit enter to go to the next screen then type in another number or text and hit enter and so on. Keystroke is the only way to interact with the thin client. I have been able to get sendkeys to work sometimes but sendkeys has its bugs so I was hoping to try sendmessage. If anyone has any suggestion I'd appreciate it. I'm not wanting to hack into the system,I just want to pass the information needed to automate a few steps to keep an operator from typing the same thing over and over to log an order in. If anyone needs more info on our system I'll try to provide what I know. I apologise if this post, based on my inexperience in acucobol, and vb for that matter, is out of place on the forum.

Thanks,
oneway
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.