Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] view and then print html file

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 09 June 2010]

I would like to be able to view and then print an html file using acuthin.

Ideally the user would click on the icon in the running acuthin program and the file would load in their browser on their pc. Then they could decide to print it or not.

I'm having trouble getting a grasp on how to do this. Could someone provide me advice?

Thanks.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] view and then print html file

After digging through some previous posts here (back in 2005) I found the suggestion to use the acucobol webrowser control.

Hopefully that will do the trick.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am confused on how to name the file in the value property.

How do I reference a file that resides on the thin client server?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You would need to use the C$COPY routine to copy the file from the server to the client and then use local path/file naming.

Unless you have the ability to map a drive from the client to the server and give the full path of the file to the browser control.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the C$COPY tip. I've now got the file displaying in the client's browser but this CUSTOM-PRINT-TEMPLATE property is an unexpected hurdle. I thought that I would be able to just send the file to the printer after I had reached this stage.

Any advice?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unfortunately I don't. I haven't used the custom-print-template. The doc looks like the template gets cleared after the print preview:

"Its value is cleared after the print or print preview operation completes.

See the Microsoft Developer Network for complete documentation of the format and use of custom print templates."
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.