Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] web runtime 6.2

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 21 December 2004]

hi all,

i took the cab-file from acucorps homepage.
the runtime works already, but i need the acuauth.txt file
to download files from the server to the client. can anyone
help me to add the txt-file to the cab-file?

thanks
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] web runtime 6.2

You are not supposed to modify the cabinet, that will break the digital signature and you will get a problem with the installation (most of Internet Explorer these days will not accept activex's without digital signatures).

The acuauth.txt file is automatically created by the web runtime upon installation and points to a designated directory created for the web runtime of the web runtime. If you want to extend beyond this, you will have to have the enduser participate.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You are right, to change the cabinet file is not the right way,
but the web runtime does not install the acuauth.txt.

The install directory of the cabinet file is C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files and i found no way
to create the acuauth.txt in this directory.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If installing the cabinet does not make the acuauth.txt it means the component has already been registered.
The web runtime will as a part of the registration routine also see if there is an acuauth.txt file present and if not, it will create it pointing to the directory Acun (where n will typically be 0, but may be a higher number of there is already existing directories).

To validate this, go to the "Downloaded programs folder", execute this command;

regsvr32 acugtax.ocx /u

then:
regsvr32 acugtax.ocx
do a:
dir /a /s acuauth.txt

See if you got it then.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey Gisle

i got it.

The explorer does not show the files, but i can see them via the
command shell.

Thank you for your help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.