Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] win$printer crashes

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 04 May 2004]

Hello all

A strange problem.

I have a windows 2k server with terminal service on and running acuruntime 6.1 and SP3 is installed

I am using windows spooler and the win$printer routine but when trying the PRNDEMOX program from acucorp is crashed(stops) with an error

Memory access violation
COBOL error at 00012D in prndemox

I dont know why and the program is functioning very good on other maschines.

I have tried reinstall the acuruntime but no succes

Have anybody seen something like that or do you have suggestions on how to solve the problem, I will be very glad.

Or does anybody know what the adress 00012D means ?

Best regards

Steen Jensen
Datamann
Denmark
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] win$printer crashes

The address isn't particularly relevant, say useful in this case.
May I ask what the program is doing at the time you receive this error?
Has it just started executing, or have you chosen a printer and is about to print?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is the first call to win$printer,

CALL "WIN$PRINTER" USING WINPRINT-GET-NO-PRINTERS
WINPRINT-SELECTION
GIVING CALL-RESULT.

Steen
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I believe we might have been into this before, I suggest you contact tech support to see if they have any details on it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.