Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] win$printer in Windows Vista

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 02 March 2007]

When using the win$printer WINPRINT-SETUP function in Windows Vista, the button for selecting the printer is now missing.

Has anyone else noticed this?

We are going to need a fix or work-around pretty quickly.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] win$printer in Windows Vista

You should report this to technical support.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Funny enough it works with the WINPRINT-SETUP-OLD routine.

regards,
HansJ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried WINPRINT-SETUP-OLD and it works for me too.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think it's a limit in the Windows dialog. I've asked a friend to open the "Word" print dialog and he told me the button doesn't appear there too
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is your friend using office 2003 on Vista? In office 2007 it works fine for me on Vista.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We used the winprint-setup-old and it worked except that the number of copies does not function. Has there been an update to the winprint-setup? Acucorp recommends using winprint-setup-ex which is found in 8.0.0.0 or greater. We have been unable to find winprint-setup-ex in the win$printer in any of our versions, 8.0.0.0, 8.0.1.0.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.