Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

bar graphs, pie charts, etc

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 28 March 2011]

I want to add a dashboard to my application using bar graphs, pie charts, etc. Can anyone suggest a way to do this with AcuCobol, ie, active-x etc. I have an excellent way of adding such to reports using RPV, but want the screen display abilitiy as well. This forum does not seem to have access to the old forum where I could search for a topic like this and gets lots of hits, is it no longer accessible?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: bar graphs, pie charts, etc

Hi there,

I have found that you can still access the old forum (read only) using the old url.

http://www.acucorp.com/support/supported/customer_forum/index.php

Probably not the prefered response for the new forum but it would be sad if we had to start the whole knowledge base again and lose some great information.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: bar graphs, pie charts, etc

BRICS,

Add the "Microsoft Chart Control 6.0 (SP4)(OLEDB)" this being mschrt20.ocx as ActiveX control to your Acubench ActiveX controls and add it to a screen and load it with the data you want.

Adding the Chart Control to your ActiveX will create an mschart.def file and an Acuclass.def file which you have to add to your program in "SPECIAL-NAMES."

Here's a piece of code from one of our Acucobol-GT training programs to fill/modify the mschart activeX control that was put on a screen.

format-chart-layout.

MODIFY car-data-chart, @ColumnCount = 4, @RowCount = 1.

MODIFY car-data-chart, @Column = 1,
@ColumnLabel = "Dodge".
MODIFY car-data-chart, @Column = 2,
@ColumnLabel = "Ford".
MODIFY car-data-chart, @Column = 3,
@ColumnLabel = "KIA".
MODIFY car-data-chart, @Column = 4,
@ColumnLabel = "Toyota".

MODIFY car-data-chart, @Row = 1, @Column = 1,
@Data = dodge-cntr.
MODIFY car-data-chart, @Row = 1, @Column = 2,
@Data = ford-cntr.
MODIFY car-data-chart, @Row = 1, @Column = 3,
@Data = kia-cntr.
MODIFY car-data-chart, @Row = 1, @Column = 4,
@Data = toyota-cntr.
change-chart-type.
inquire car-data-chart, @chartType in ws-chart-type.

EVALUATE ws-chart-type
WHEN "0"
MODIFY car-data-chart,
@chartType = @VtChChartType2DPie
WHEN "1"
MODIFY car-data-chart,
@chartType = @VtChChartType3DBar
WHEN "14"
MODIFY car-data-chart,
@chartType = @VtChChartType2DBar
End-evaluate

display-about-info-chart.
modify car-data-chart, @AboutBox()

This is "basic" activeX programming/usage and programming this is relatively easy when you are using Acubench.

Hope this helps a little,

Piet
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.