Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

call "W$MOUSE" using release-mouse

I want to move a bitmap buttons to a different location on the screen.

I referred to the dragdrop sample program  to figure out the logic and wrote a similar routine.

My program successfully moves the push-button, BUT,  even after calling W$MOUSE using RELEASE-MOUSE my program does not recognize the mouse Right Click Up/Down when I want to show a pop-up window.  But if I click on a different tab, then the program responds to my right-clicks and displays my pop-up. (My program displays several tab controls).    Is there a problem with the Release-Mouse option.  Note that after calling W$MOUSE using RELEASE-MOUSE  I do issue the SET ENVIRONMENT "MOUSE-FLAGS" TO AUTO-MOUSE-HANDLING, but the problem is still there.

Is there something else that needs to be done ?

Is there another sample program around that moves a control on the screen ?

Thanks in Advance.

LarryGeeked

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.