Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
picci Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dos prompt window when launching executable with c$system

Jump to solution

In a program i call "c$system" to launch another cobol program in a separate process with the following:

add CSYS-ASYNC to CSYS-HIDDEN giving csys-flag

call "c$system" using "bin\wrun32 -c OUR-CONFIG.CFG myProgram"

The program correctly starts and performs its operations, however on some of our customers' PCs it opens a black dos prompt window until it' s done. The program does some background operations so it doesn't even have the screen section. I can't reproduce on my PC.

It may not be a problem has it suffice to minize the window, but our customers are really scared by this bad, ugly black screen so they are attacking our help desk service (we have more than 8000 customers).

Any idea about why this happens? I have already tried also with CSYS-MINIMIZED flag.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: dos prompt window when launching executable with c$system

Jump to solution

Is there any display syntax in myProgram or programs that it calls? One thing to try is to intentionally put a display window statement in your program but make that window invisible, that should make sure that no windows appear (until you want them to).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: dos prompt window when launching executable with c$system

Jump to solution

Is there any display syntax in myProgram or programs that it calls? One thing to try is to intentionally put a display window statement in your program but make that window invisible, that should make sure that no windows appear (until you want them to).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.