Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

errors compiling after adding office12\msword.olb to project

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 11 January 2012]

I am programming in Acubench and added the office12\msword.olb from the ActiveX Definitions Generator. When I placed this Definitions file into my .cbl program and compiled, I received compile errors within the Def file.

For example:

line 8715: RETURNING expected, PROPERTY-GET found

I opened the file and this is the line of code the error refered to:

*[Class: @_Document] Dummy1
PROPERTY-GET, 503, @Dummy1
*[Class: @_Document] OMaths
PROPERTY-GET, 504, @OMaths
RETURNING "OMaths*", TYPE 9

Has anyone had this problem before?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: errors compiling after adding office12\msword.olb to project

Yes, this isue is an error with AxDefGen. Please contact customer care so they can add your contact information to this issue. That way you will be contacted when it is resolved.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you so much for your assistance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This is fixed by ECN 4143 which will be in 9.1.1 - if you need it before 9.1.1 (end of February release) please contact Customer Care for a patch.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great! Thanks for the update.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.