Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

examples CD

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 09 March 2011]

This is an extract from a post on the old forum, regarding the Advanced Windows training, which mentions that a CD of source examples is available, does anyone know where I could get a copy?, would be most useful

Yes, interoperability with Microsoft Office is a solid part of the Advanced Windows training. We discuss the Microsoft Office object model, go through the documentation of this. We discuss ACUCOBOL-GT COM syntax, compare this to the vb scripting (which is where you will find the most examples). We practise interoperability, we step through examples, write programs.
Besides this we also cover the Windows API, discuss Windows technologies and of Microsoft ActiveX components. There is also talk of .net, but that is not as much covered as COM.

Not to forget that you get a CD full of source examples on how to do all the stuff.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: examples CD

Good morning Cat66,

I think you are talking about the examples that came with the API Programming training for Acucobol-GT.

This is a still existing training in the Micro Focus Training offering I think and I'm not sure if the example programs can be distributed. If this is no problem I have a copy of them on my system.

Best regards,

Piet
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Piet, sorry havent checked the forum for a while. I doubt there is training available here in the remote region of South Africa where I contract from, and anyway I dont particularly need it, as I have done most of it the hard way, by trial and error, just occasionally it would be very handy to refer to a working example when I want to try something new. Who should I contact at MF to find out if its OK to distribute? If it is permitted, is it OK if I give you the address of an FTP server to upload the stuff for me?
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I do really intrested in this source examples CD. How can i get it?

Giorgis
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.