Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
sazdovskij Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to run acucobl 5.2 on pclinuxos 64 bit

i have  a problem to run acucobl 5.2.1 when i  migrate from 32 bit linux to 64 bit linux 

i gor message segmentation fault.

0 Likes
4 Replies
GeorgeK Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: how to run acucobl 5.2 on pclinuxos 64 bit

you can have more than one version of acucobol on your linux and windows machines. Why not upgrade to at least Acucobol 8.0 and recompile all your programs using a bash script?
0 Likes
GeorgeK Absent Member.
Absent Member.

you can use -Z52 switch to compile Acucobol 8.0 back to 5.2; -Z60 to compile back to 6.0, -Z70 to compile back to 7.0; I've had Acucobol 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0 on same linux server and same windows machines.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Do you mean that your 5.2.1 runtime will not run on your 64 bit pclinux? Do you get an error when doing .. runcbl -vv
The 64 bit pclinux should support 32 bit binaries.
Can you be more specific as to the problem. The other comments are about compiling code. Your 5.2.1 object files should run with a supported version of our runtime. Version 9 thru 10.2.0 are available for 64 bit Linux.
0 Likes
GeorgeK Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, but they may need to recompile. Even the objects can get corrupted transferring from one computer to the other. Vision files if copied from one platform to the other may require vutil -r -aaa rebuild.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.