Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
picci Absent Member.
Absent Member.

inquire colors on grid control

Jump to solution

Does properties row-color and cell-color of grid control are inquirable? If so, from which runtime version?

I saw that in versione 9.1.0 the inquire on these properties works, but i'd like to know if they are officially supported.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: inquire colors on grid control

Jump to solution

Hi,

yes, we added the INQUIRE support for the following properties of the grid control in extend 9.1.0. (cell-color, row-color, bitmap, bitmap-number, cell-font)

They are officialy supported.

Regards,

Dominique

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi,

yes, we added the INQUIRE support for the following properties of the grid control in extend 9.1.0. (cell-color, row-color, bitmap, bitmap-number, cell-font)

They are officialy supported.

Regards,

Dominique

View solution in original post

0 Likes
picci Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I have one more question about inquiring cell font. Does it return the right font handle only when the font is explicitly set with the modify of the cell-font property or the value of cell font should be correcly returned also if i used the font, heading font or row-font  properties?

In other words, if i set the font of row "y=1" with row-font property and then i inquire the cell "y=1,x=2" with cell-font property should i get the font handle previously set to the whole row or not?

I'm asking this because i can't manage to get the font handle that i would expect, inquiring the cell-font property.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The answer is Yes, an inquire should return the font that was applied when you modified the row.

What version are you using? If you are using a version before 9.1, then the inquire will not work ... 9.1 ECN-4059 Introducing INQUIRE support for properties:   cell-color    row-color   bitmap  bitmap-number   cell-font

0 Likes
picci Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you for answer. I'm using run-time 9.1.1 (verified also with 9.1.0). Inquiring "cell-color" works only when i set with "cell-color". If i set "row-color" and then inquire with "cell-color" it doesn't work properly, it returns 0 as font handle.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Please report this to Customer Care as it should get fixed.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I played with this a bit further .... if you set a cell to a color and then set the row for that cell to a different color, the cell maintains it's color. Inquiring on cell-color returns the value set for cell-color, and not any row-color setting. Even though setting row-color colors the cell.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.