Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Kelli Absent Member.
Absent Member.

list box display

I have a large screen divided into tabs.  Because I reached the limit on number of controls, I've separated the controls for each tab into separate screens and when the tab is displayed I display the appropriate screen on the tab.  

Some tabs have multi-column list boxes.  The first time I bring up a record (any record), then click on a tab with a list box, the contents of the list box don't show.  Data for other types of controls shows, just the list boxes are blank.  If I bring up a second record, then the list box contents display and continue to display for every other record I bring up.  However, if I now click to a different tab that also has a list box, the data in that list box doesn't show until I bring up another record.  In other words, the first time a list box is displayed its contents do not show.  Once I display the tab/screen with the list box on it and then move to another record, the list box contents display.

I am on 9.0.0.  I have tried adding a specific DISPLAY of the list box when the tab is displayed (as opposed to just displaying the screen that contains the list box), but it doesn't change the behavior.  Suggestions?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: list box display

With the Tab control, a visible property is used to signal when to show the controls and then when to hide (make invisible). Are you modifying the list boxes before or after you make the controls visible?

MODIFY Default-Listbox, MASS-UPDATE = 1, RESET-LIST = 1

MODIFY Default-Listbox, ITEM-TO-ADD = TABLE LB-Data

MODIFY Default-Listbox, MASS-UPDATE = 0

MODIFY Default-Listbox, VALUE List-Data-1

0 Likes
Kelli Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm modifying them before making them visible (or rather, making the screen visible within which the list boxes are contained.)

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Have you tried modifying after making the screen visible? Also, when run in debug, does the ITEM-TO-ADD have the first record value?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.