Highlighted
Visitor.

screen section and column plus 1

Hi everybody,
when using resizable screens, it's a good idea to positioning controls with "column plus 1".
Unfortunately, this is not possible in the screen designer in the workbench. Only absolute numerical values can be entered here.
I can handle this when I enter "additional properties" "col plus 1".
This also works, but the compiler generates "Warning: Repeated or conflicting option".
Can this be prevented?
Also the generated code does not look nice:

05 la-lan-iso-2, Label,
                 COL 44,50, LINE 14,60, LINES 1,30 CELLS,
                 SIZE 2,70 CELLS,
                 FONT IS Small-Font, ID IS 1,
                 LABEL-OFFSET 0, NO-KEY-LETTER, TITLE lan-iso-2,
                 TRANSPARENT,
                 col plus 3.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: screen section and column plus 1

That is an interesting dilema. When you use the screen designer, the designer uses the coordinates where you placed your control. Currently I see two options, for each control you can specify a column-variable, you would in some before procedure increase these values by 1. Option 2, have you looked at the Layout Manager - A layout manager is a specialized piece of software that is attached to a window and that manages the placement and size of controls in that window. We have customers using the Layout Manager when dealing with resizable screens.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Note that relative positioning, COL + x and LINE + x, are not recommended for Thin Client and AcuToWeb implementations. The use of relative positioning creates more network traffic to draw the screen, and therefore will lower performance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Thanks for your reply.
I had been dealing with layout manager more than 10 years ago. Probably I had the functionality not properly understood or the LM did not work properly. Anyway, the layout manager is, of course, the right solution. Thank you for that information.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.