Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

still can't print 10.1.0

We are still not having any luck printing using acucobol 10.1.0.  We have gotten a new printer and downloaded the latest release/patch for 10.01.00.  I still cannot print anything from acucobol 10.1.  I have written a sample program calling win$print and I'm getting very different data into the winprint-buffer when selecting the same printer from 10.1 and 9.2.  I can print when running 9.2.4, but get file error 30,00 when trying to print using 10.1.0 (-p SPOOLER-DIRECT) and selecting the printer from a dropdown box.  I have a samples file of the winprint-buffer from version 10.01.00 and 09.02.04 as well as a sample program to produce the files.  I am at a loss as to what to do next.  Does anyone you have any other ideas for me?

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor.

RE: still can't print 10.1.0

Hello rboswell,
we have the same problem in version 10.1.0. The supportline is working under Incident #2989292. In Version 10.0.1 we have no problem.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi

It looks like we are having the same problem. We are using the –P SPOOLER-DIRECT and when choosing a printer and getting it by WINPRINT-GET-PRINTER-INFO-EX everything looks fine, but when we want to set it by WINPRINT-SET-PRINTER-EX we are getting a windows printer box where we again have to choose the printer. It is very annoying when it is batch executed.

We have realized that when we start the program from a dos prompt started as “RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR” it runs perfect. Maybe you could test if that helps you too. But our problem is that we start the programs from scheduler, and we have not succeed starting them as Administrator with enough privileges to get rid of the problem

Our program is related to 10.0.1 with two ECN’s, but we have other 10.0.1 installations running perfectly, but they are without these ECN’s

What is your status of your problem? I can see that the post is more than a week old. Is there any news?

Best Regards

Steen Jensen
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How does one read incident #2989292. My supportline only shows my incidents. So how can you read other incidents? daleh@hightouchinc.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I still cannot print in 10.1.0 even if I run from dos command as administrator.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is there a patch that includes this incident yet?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Here it the reply I received regarding this....Still no fix, nor estimated timeline.

<< Can you please give me a status on INC 2989292, unable to print in Windows10. >>

Incident #2989292 is in regards to a "-P SPOOLER-DIRECT" printing failure in the extend 10.1.0 product. The engineer handling that Incident submitted a defect report(RPI 1108629) to Development, so that, the problem can be investigated and resolved.

<< We, along with several others on the Community board, are wait for that ticket. If it has been resolved, you may want to also review the board, and let others know. >>

This defect report is currently being pursued, however, it is yet to be addressed. Once the issue has been addressed, we can inform you through this Incident, and, the Community Forum(community.microfocus.com/.../still-can-t-print-10-1-0).

Dale

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi

I have now received an upgrade fro 10.1 with all these ECN patches, please below. Some of them seems interesting regarding print problems. And it solved the problem I had by choosing a printer, but there never came anything in the printer. For along time i have thought that the fault was in windows, printerdriver og printerlayout manager etc., until I saw this thread. Now that I know it is Acu, i have decided to downgrade my print to 9.2.5, and it seems to work.

Steen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

patch1660 = 10.1.0 + ECN-4454 + ECN+4463 + ECN+4464 + ECN-4465

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT: Window size changes
Change Number: ECN-4454
Type of Change: Correction
Priority: Medium
Incidents: 2874630
RPI Number: 1106603

Date: 2017-01-06
Product: ACUCOBOL-GT
Module: Runtime
New Version: 10.1.1

Machines Affected: Windows
Known Versions Affected: 10.0.0 and later

DESCRIPTION of problem or enhancement:

Windows were created slightly larger in 10.0 and later, than in previous
versions.

SUBJECT: Various C$OPENSAVE issues
Change Number: ECN-4463
Priority: High
Incidents: 2887311, 2887311, 2988393
RPI Number: 1108524, 1108526, 1108539

Date: 2017-02-23

Machines Affected: Windows only
Known Versions Affected: 10.1.0 and later

There were some issues with some aspects of the C$OPENSAVE dialog on
Windows.

1) If you didn't specify a filename, the combo-box showing the file
types would not show up.

2) If the combo box showing the file types did show (because you
specified a filename), there would be garbage data in the list
of filters.

3) When using the OPENSAVE-BROWSE-FOLDER opcode, the runtime would
crash after dismissing the dialog.

INSTRUCTIONS for use:

None

SUBJECT: PORT value truncated to a single character
Change Number: ECN-4464
Incidents: 2913195
RPI Number: 1108454

Date: 2017-02-23

The WINPRINT-PORT value returned by WIN$PRINTER was truncated to a single
byte.

INSTRUCTIONS for use:

None

SUBJECT: WINPRINT-GET-INFO fails to get printer info by printer number
Change Number: ECN-4465
Incidents: 2989218
RPI Number: 1108607

Date: 2017-02-27

When calling WIN$PRINTER to get information about a printer by printer
number, the runtime would return the wrong information, or even no
information.

INSTRUCTIONS for use:

None

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This issue was caused by the Unicode support we added in 10.1. The issue has been fixed. Please contact Customer Care and request ECN-4474.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.