Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
RobertRedekop Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

type ahead characters disappear until later when reopen floating window

Hi everyone.

I've got an odd problem, but it's intermittent.  I made a bunch of changes a while back, one of which was adding "bind to thread" to all my windows (they should all be bound to the same thread).  Before that, this problem did not happen.

Situation.  Have one floating window.  Start a 2nd floating window.  Type info into that 2nd window.  Hit the key which triggers the program to close that window.   I keep typing, wanting to fill in the fields in that first window that I just told the program to make active again.  Sometimes, the first few keys I type "disappear" only to show up later when I create another floating window.

Anyone know what this is?

Is it related to "bind to thread"?

Any idea how to handle this?

(I've tried adding a little "buffering" routine to read all characters that are available according to "ACCEPT FROM INPUT STATUS" and save them in a buffer before closing the window.  No change in behavior, the characters still get saved for later)

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: type ahead characters disappear until later when reopen floating window

Are you using the SET phrase to designate which window is Active? Here is a forum response that may help.

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Extend-and-AcuCOBOL-Forum/threads/m-p/1732130#M11311

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

While I use "SET I-O" in a couple places, I do not do so when closing the window, so at that point the active window would have been undefined.  I've added a SET I-O to the close function, to set that property for the next "lower" window.  Now have to wait and see if problem continues.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Still happens.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.