Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
sdperry1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

window in a window

I want to create a big window and then have the user create another window inside of the original window. Will AcuCobol allow this process?

The user will then create controls on the created window.

Thanks,

David

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: window in a window

I'm not sure I understand. You can have a floating window, or Independent window, or historically a pop-up window (pop up is textual only). The floating window can overlay the original window, or overlay a portion of it. If you allow the user to drag or create controls, then really those controls are already in the program but invisible, until the user creates them or dragsthem in from a designer you are providing, otherwise, if you allowed the user to actually design their own screen, that screen would need to be made into a COBOL program and compiled.
0 Likes
RobertRedekop Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Yes.

The reference manual, procedure division statements, DISPLAY statement, "DISPLAY WINDOW" shows this:

[ UPON new-window ]

So your window can be created relative to the pre-existing window.  From the manual:

The LINE NUMBER phrase sets the top line of the subwindow. In this context, line number one refers to the top line of the current floating window.

0 Likes
sdperry1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks
0 Likes
sdperry1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am trying to create my own screen designer for my users.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.