Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
MIKIZOT Absent Member.
Absent Member.

wrun32 display wrong ascii caracters

Scuse me for my bad english, but i have this problem

I have compiled program with acucobol from 1991

now if i do this command   runcbl  menu.cob

windows 7 64 respond that program cannot execute in 64 

if I run this program with wrun32  the ascii caracters don't

visualized  correct.   

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: wrun32 display wrong ascii caracters

On the Windows 7 64 bit machine, use the 32 bit install of Acu and from the bin directory try: crun32.exe menu.cob
crun32.exe is a Windows runtime, just set up to do character mode type of program execution.

0 Likes
Chuck Edgin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think you mean "crun32.exe" which is the console-mode runtime on Windows.

run32.exe is the ATM (alternate-terminal-mgr) version meant for running from a remote terminal emulator via telnet.
Chuck Edgin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mizikot - are you trying to execute this using a 1991 version of ACUCOBOL? I doubt that's going to be supported on Windows 7. In fact, I think runcbl.exe was probably a 16-bit version of the runtime so that's not going to work.

If you have a more recent version of ACUCOBOL then you wouldn't even have a runcbl.exe, but you should have the crun32 and wrun32 executables. Both of these are available in 32 or 64-bit versions, but the 32-bit is more universal (will run on both 32 and 64-bit Windows 7 machines).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.