Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

wrun32 error

Jump to solution

I am getting this error running on a 64 bit Win 7 machine. I have never come across this before. The application runs on other 64 bit Win 7 machines. Does anyone have any suggestions about what could be causing this?

Wrun32.exe application error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000006). Click OK to close the application

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: wrun32 error

Jump to solution

If running from a mapped drive (network share) 0xc0000006 is an NTSTATUS code. Specifically it is STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR.

It is not uncommon to see these errors when you attempt to run an executable from a network volume. For whatever reason, if there is any even intermittent problem accessing the network volume, then you may see this error. When a module is loaded, the code is not physically loaded until it is needed. A memory mapped file is created, and when a particular page is needed, it is brought into physical memory on demand. If your network fails to meet this demand, your application stops with STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR.

The common ways to deal with this include:

Getting a more robust connection to your network volumes.

Copying the executable file to a local drive and running it from there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Did you start it with wrun32 -le some-error-file object-name ? Are you attempting to start the runtime that is on a mapped drive?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Exception c0000006 is EXCEPTION_IN_PAGE_ERROR. It means Windows tried to read a page from a filesystem into memory, but the operation failed, generally due to an I/O error. Most often it indicates a hardware problem with a disk drive or network card. It's also quite common if you're trying to run a program from an optical or external drive. It may be that one of the disk sectors that contains part of wrun32.exe has become damaged, for example.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

If running from a mapped drive (network share) 0xc0000006 is an NTSTATUS code. Specifically it is STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR.

It is not uncommon to see these errors when you attempt to run an executable from a network volume. For whatever reason, if there is any even intermittent problem accessing the network volume, then you may see this error. When a module is loaded, the code is not physically loaded until it is needed. A memory mapped file is created, and when a particular page is needed, it is brought into physical memory on demand. If your network fails to meet this demand, your application stops with STATUS_IN_PAGE_ERROR.

The common ways to deal with this include:

Getting a more robust connection to your network volumes.

Copying the executable file to a local drive and running it from there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you, our consultant is indeed running from a network volume, so I am pretty sure that is the answer. She is going back to the client on next week and will install and run from a local drive and we will see what happens, but I am pretty sure you are correct.

Many thanks, I will post again if the problem persists, which I think is unlikely.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Just to finalize, everything is OK when running on a local drive, and since this is not a major problem when using the application, we will continue to run that way.

Many thanks for the helpful suggestions

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.