Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.

RUNTIME 10 Issue

Memory violation with runtime 10:

77  DATA-STRING PIC X(32000).

DISPLAY "Data :"                LINE 09 COL 05
                    DATA-STRING LINE 10 COL 01 REVERSE SIZE 78

Had to replace with:

DISPLAY "Data :"    LINE 09 COL 05
                    DATA-STRING(1:78) LINE 10 COL 01 REVERSE

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments

DISPLAY "Data :"                LINE 09 COL 05
                    DATA-STRING LINE 10 COL 01 REVERSE SIZE 78

I compiled and ran - no mav using 10.0.0, 10.1.0 and  10.2.1

I just used compile option -Ga , what compile options did you use?

Used the following settings.

CCBLFLAGS=-C60re -Dcisiz1 -Z60zlga -Vcxq -Te 2048 

Violation error happened on Centos Operating system.

I setup 10.2 on  Linux, used the same compile options you are using and ran - no mav.

-C60 and -Z60 are pretty old ... are they needed? Have you tried this program compiling with -Ga?

Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2019-10-23 16:09
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.