Highlighted
guitadashi
Visitor.

Upgraded to office 365 Excel macro freezes OLE error

Hi,

My Excel was recently upgraded to Office 365 ProPlus (I think the prior version was Excel 2010). All my macros that get data from Extra have stopped working (myExtra! Enterprise 7.11). The macro freezes and Excel reports "MS Excel is waiting for another application to complete OLE action". I reduced the code to the simplest code that fails:

Sub Main()

Dim system As Object
    Dim sessions As Object
    Dim sess0 As Object
    Dim tela As Object

Set system = CreateObject("Extra.system")
    Set sessions = system.sessions
    Set sess0 = sessions(1)
    Set tela = sess0.screen

tela.waithostquiet (300)

tela.waithostquiet (300)

End Sub

The problem occurs when accessing Extra from Excel. Please help!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Upgraded to office 365 Excel macro freezes OLE error

guitadashi,

The code that you posted does work for me with Office 365 Excel and Extra 9.5 (current version.) You may have run into an incompatibility between Office 365 and a pretty old version of Extra.(circa 2003.)  Your best bet is to upgrade to a more recent version of the product.  You can contact support2@microfocus.com for help on getting upgraded or you can DM me for more information.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
guitadashi
Visitor.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that the macro worked in my collegues computers. I reinstalled Office and Extra and still had the same error. Then I had the computer formatted and everything reinstalled, and the macro started working.

0 Likes

guitadashi,

There must have been a component that was corrupted and the reimage corrected that issue.  Thank you for the update.

Jeff

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.