jlodom Contributor.
Contributor.
2851 views

2.0.2.1 Not a Valid Win32 Application

The 2.0.2.1 ISO is consistently giving me the error "Not a Valid Win32 Application" when I try to run the 64-bit Windows Engine or Agent installs. Trying to copy the executable somewhere else yields the message "Invalid MS-DOS Function". The server I am running it on is already running 2.0.1.x. I have downloaded the ISO multiple times but get the same errors every time.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: 2.0.2.1 Not a Valid Win32 Application

jlodom;2314559 wrote:
The 2.0.2.1 ISO is consistently giving me the error "Not a Valid Win32 Application" when I try to run the 64-bit Windows Engine or Agent installs. Trying to copy the executable somewhere else yields the message "Invalid MS-DOS Function". The server I am running it on is already running 2.0.1.x. I have downloaded the ISO multiple times but get the same errors every time.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?


Have you checked the MD5 sum of the iso?

Thomas
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: 2.0.2.1 Not a Valid Win32 Application

thsundel;2314560 wrote:
Have you checked the MD5 sum of the iso?

Thomas


Downloaded and checked the MD5, same issue here.. When extracting the iso with 7-zip it also shows errors on some files which end up as 0KB and gives this exact error you have.
Have you tried burning/mounting the iso, same issue then?

Thomas
0 Likes
jlodom Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: 2.0.2.1 Not a Valid Win32 Application

Yep. Same issue when burned / mounted.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: 2.0.2.1 Not a Valid Win32 Application

jlodom;2314831 wrote:
Yep. Same issue when burned / mounted.


Ok, I will report it to Novell. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thomas
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 2.0.2.1 Not a Valid Win32 Application

thsundel wrote:

>
> jlodom;2314831 Wrote:
> > Yep. Same issue when burned / mounted.

>
> Ok, I will report it to Novell. I'll let you know how it goes.


The ISO became corrupt. We're aware of this and we're currently
working on posting a corrected ISO.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: 2.0.2.1 Not a Valid Win32 Application

jmarton;2315015 wrote:
thsundel wrote:

>
> jlodom;2314831 Wrote:
> > Yep. Same issue when burned / mounted.

>
> Ok, I will report it to Novell. I'll let you know how it goes.


The ISO became corrupt. We're aware of this and we're currently
working on posting a corrected ISO.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/


Seems to be fixed now.

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.