vreug Absent Member.
Absent Member.

C++ or O.S. exception occurred

I have Novell File Reporter 2.0.1 installed on a Windows 2008 R2 server. I have a weekly scan set up and more often than not I get the following error:

The scheduled data scan for storage path \\SERVER\VOLUME (Scan ID 69) was unable to complete. The following error occurred: A C++ or O.S. exception occurred and was converted to an error. (-3)
There are 2 retry attempts remaining.

Sometimes it will complete successfully on a retry attempt but I mostly get this error on all three attempts. I looked in the server Event Log and I don't see any errors during the time the scan is running.

Is there something I can do to prevent this error? Thanks.

Paul
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: C++ or O.S. exception occurred

On 8/26/2013 11:46 AM, vreug wrote:
>
> I have Novell File Reporter 2.0.1 installed on a Windows 2008 R2 server.
> I have a weekly scan set up and more often than not I get the following
> error:
>
> -The scheduled data scan for storage path \\SERVER\VOLUME (Scan ID 69)
> was unable to complete. The following error occurred: A C++ or O.S.
> exception occurred and was converted to an error. (-3)
> There are 2 retry attempts remaining.-
>
> Sometimes it will complete successfully on a retry attempt but I mostly
> get this error on all three attempts. I looked in the server Event Log
> and I don't see any errors during the time the scan is running.
>
> Is there something I can do to prevent this error? Thanks.
>
> Paul
>
>

Paul,

Could you email the Engine version you're running to
filereporter@novell.com? We may have updated code for you to try; and if
not, we'd like to investigate further.

--
- NFMS Support Team
0 Likes
monne Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: C++ or O.S. exception occurred

Hi,
I have the same problem with I have Novell File Reporter installed on a Windows 2008 R2 server standard service pack 1
Web Application 2.0.2.24
Engine 2.0.2.26
Database PostgreSQL 9.2.5

7 \\NAEVA\VOL1 NAEVA_VOL1_FS File System Data 08/10/2014 10:57:55 Waiting for Retry 1 01/01/1970 00:59:59 (-3) A C++ or O.S. exception occurred and was converted to an error.

Have you found a solution for that ?

Best regards.
Alain
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.