toblerone Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2969 views

Login to NFR 3.0

Hi,

there is a NFR 3.0 with an LDAP-Authentication to eDir.
After a few hours or days login is not possible. Messages says: "... logon
rights not being granted to account."

After a restart of the engine (located at W2k12) longin is possible.
After a few hours or days same issue.


Any hints?

TiA

Bernd
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Login to NFR 3.0

On 1/31/2017 2:29 AM, bernd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is a NFR 3.0 with an LDAP-Authentication to eDir.
> After a few hours or days login is not possible. Messages says: "... logon
> rights not being granted to account."
>
> After a restart of the engine (located at W2k12) longin is possible.
> After a few hours or days same issue.
>
>
> Any hints?
>
> TiA
>
> Bernd
>


Bernd,

Do you by any chance have a Universal Password Policy applied to your
File Reporter proxy account?

Do you have multiple users in your NFR Admins group? If so, when one is
unable to log in, can other members of that group still log in?

-- NFMS Support Team
0 Likes
toblerone Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Login to NFR 3.0

Am Tue, 31 Jan 2017 15:14:39 +0000 schrieb NFMS Support Team:

> On 1/31/2017 2:29 AM, bernd wrote:

(...)
>> there is a NFR 3.0 with an LDAP-Authentication to eDir.
>> After a few hours or days login is not possible. Messages says: "...
>> logon rights not being granted to account."
>>
>> After a restart of the engine (located at W2k12) longin is possible.
>> After a few hours or days same issue.

(...)

> Do you by any chance have a Universal Password Policy applied to your
> File Reporter proxy account?

Yes, the NFRProxyUser has an UP.

> Do you have multiple users in your NFR Admins group? If so, when one is
> unable to log in, can other members of that group still log in?

Yes, there are multiple users. But it is the same behavior on all
accounts.

Bernd
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Login to NFR 3.0

On 2/1/2017 9:23 AM, bernd wrote:
> Am Tue, 31 Jan 2017 15:14:39 +0000 schrieb NFMS Support Team:
>
>> On 1/31/2017 2:29 AM, bernd wrote:

> (...)
>>> there is a NFR 3.0 with an LDAP-Authentication to eDir.
>>> After a few hours or days login is not possible. Messages says: "...
>>> logon rights not being granted to account."
>>>
>>> After a restart of the engine (located at W2k12) longin is possible.
>>> After a few hours or days same issue.

> (...)
>
>> Do you by any chance have a Universal Password Policy applied to your
>> File Reporter proxy account?

> Yes, the NFRProxyUser has an UP.
>
>> Do you have multiple users in your NFR Admins group? If so, when one is
>> unable to log in, can other members of that group still log in?

> Yes, there are multiple users. But it is the same behavior on all
> accounts.
>
> Bernd
>


Bernd,

Once your NFR installation is in this state, what's the status of the
NFR Proxy account in eDirectory? Is it locked? If so, for what reason?

-- NFMS Support Team
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.