marklar23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Reporting on specific folders

I'm having an issue where I'm trying to get a NFR duplicate file report on a specific user's home directory. I'm searching using Duplicate Files basic search method and adding the entire path to that user's home directory to the target path. It is generating a 16 page report, some of the data is correct but for others it appears to be referencing other user home directories when I click on a random file name and look at that report. When I get to the page that tells me where the file is located I am seeing a completely different user's directory than the one that I specified in the Target directory. What am I doing wrong?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Reporting on specific folders

On 9/16/2014 3:36 PM, marklar23 wrote:
>
> I'm having an issue where I'm trying to get a NFR duplicate file report
> on a specific user's home directory. I'm searching using Duplicate
> Files basic search method and adding the entire path to that user's home
> directory to the target path. It is generating a 16 page report, some
> of the data is correct but for others it appears to be referencing other
> user home directories when I click on a random file name and look at
> that report. When I get to the page that tells me where the file is
> located I am seeing a completely different user's directory than the one
> that I specified in the Target directory. What am I doing wrong?
>
>

marklar23,

Are those seemingly spurious files duplicates of files in your target
user's home folder, by any chance?

-- NFMS Support Team
0 Likes
marklar23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Reporting on specific folders

I haven't verified this yet, I did a quick check and didn't see any. What I did see however were some files marked duplicate that both instances were not in the target user's folder at all, they were both in the same completely different user's folder.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.