Disable Sharing for My Files

Idea ID 2785085

Disable Sharing for My Files

It would be great if we can control the Sharing of “My Files” like a “Net Folder”.
At the Moment it is not possible to let a User Share something on a Network Folder but not on My Files.
If we disable the Sharing under "Share and Comment Settings" the User can not share files at all so this is not a Solution.
As Workaround we map the Personal Share of an User to an Net Folder.
4 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Noted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
You can set sharing rights rights for a users 'My files'. Log in as an administrator, go to the administration console/users Check the users you wish to change On the more menu select 'Workspace share rights' Set the rights and click 'OK'
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Marco, Can you confirm if this is what you were looking for?
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.
Hi, yes that is what i was looking for. But I miss a global Setting or per Group based Setting. Is this also possible ?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.