NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.

Please change Start Page - last used files

Idea ID 2798819

Please change Start Page - last used files

We are a school, and our teachers see the "last used files" of everyone, because we have netfolders. So they see files of pupils, which they don't have, or they see files from other teachers, which they put in netfolders of their classes. This is very irritating. As admin I need to change this, or only have a picture or whatever!

4 Comments
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I would agree. The more files you have access to, the less useful "recent files" becomes. Perhaps an option to only see the files that you have edited rather than anything in a folder you have access to.

I feel the main use of "recent files" is to allow you to quickly select a file you've been working on, so the files that others have been working on really doesn't have much benefit.

Robert

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

New Member.

I need this too. For what reason I see recent files I don't even have access too?

I would like to disable this Recent Files View. Showing a picture as kswn mentioned or just landing at the My Files after login would be nice. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The Recent Files shows files from the netfolders  where a user has access. Hence you may be seeing those files as well.

If you open a Service Request with Support, they can provide a patch where you can disable files from netfolders showing up in Recent Files.

On landing at the My Files after login, a quick workaround would be for the user to bookmark “ https://<firlserver>/filr/user/my-files/ “, and access this.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.