change from static to dynamic group and back to static keep adding external users possible

Idea ID 2784425

change from static to dynamic group and back to static keep adding external users possible

0 Votes
When you change a group from static to dynamic and back (or start with dynamic and go to static ) the option add external users can not be changed/used anymore so no new external users can be added anymore.
2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I have duplicated this on Filr 4.2

I will get a defect entered.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I have done a little bit more investigation on this and I think this is working the same for all scenarios, 

The option 'Allow external users and groups' is enabled and can be changed when creating the group, and indeed switching the group to dynamic and then back to static it is still enabled and can be changed, however once you save the group it is locked, either as a static group (with or without it enabled) or as a dynamic group, where it is saved as unchecked.  

What ever the group, static or dynamic, it can not be changed after you save the group.   I think most probably what you are looking for is for this not to get locked after saving and to be able to be set differently to the initial save setting when editing the group.

However I can see security issues with this. If I have shared a confidential document with what I think is an internal Group and later on external users are added to the group they will have access to internal confidential files which I am not sure is a good idea.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.